Resources for Artists
My interests in art goes beyond just my own artwork creation. I love learning about the art business – how marketing works, both online and offline, which activities artists are employing to be successful selling their art, ideas, going different direction, and more.
This page is a collection of all the article I have written with valuable information for artists. It includes topic related to art marketing, selling art online, websites for artists, art licensing, art making tips, and more.
If you have ideas for me for new articles, I would love to hear from you!
- List of 120+ websites for artists to build online presence
This is the most reviewed and talked about post by far. It is a graet compilation of all websites that relates to artists. It will be amazing if you can share this list with others, simply tweet about it, add a link to your site or blog, email it, or any other way to spread the word. Also, new sites that I am not aware of are always welcome, so please leave me a message and tell me about them.
Art Advice and Inspiration for Art
- Watercolor covered with resin – alternative to traditional framing
- Fixing resin work gone wrong
- Watercolor covered with encaustic – alternative to traditional framing
- My Three Favorite Reference Image Libraries
- What inspires me to make art?
- 6 Questions to ask when you want to buy photography as art
- 10 Tips for Abstract Photography
- Play Artists Play
- Artist Created Flash Mob
- Fret None. Dive In. Make Art. Today
Art and Technology
Online Art Marketing
- Domain Names: Why Artists Should Own One
- QR Codes and Artists…Say What?
- Social Media versus SEO – Which is the Better Investment?
- Search Known Art Scammers – a FASO service
- Ask-Moshe-Anything-About-Art: Your artwork on Facebook
- Email Signatures – Make- Them Work for You also on iPhone
- Email Signatures – Make Them Work for You
- Artist’s website upgrade – An Artist’s Story: Valerie Kent
- Discovering Social Media Through Art
- What should artists learn from Boundless Gallery closing down?
- SEO for Artists Example
Blogging for artists
- Blog for Your Artists’ Group
- Tell Your Story Experiment
- Celebrating the Unknown Blogging Road
- Blogging and What I Learned on the Therapist’s Couch
Business for artists
- Crowd Funding for Artists
- Art Show Invitation – Info and Design
- 10 Ways to Use Your Smartphone to Help Your Art Career
- 4 More Ways to Use Your iPhone to Help Your Art Career
- Outlier Artists
- Selling Art: Pain or Pleasure?
- Art and Law: Hidden Treasures
- Artist Marketing: Have You Ever Been Featured in an Art Book?
- Call for Artists – How to Write Them Up
- Visual Artists: Would You Change Your Name?
- How Does an Artist Find Their Niche?
- How Does an Artist Develop a Niche?
- ROI – Do We Think Like Business People?
- Artists teaching in Art Tours – another creative business venture for artists
- Ten Reasons for the Emerging Artist to Join a Local Art Group
- Ten Reasons for the Professional Artist to Join a Local Art Group
Art Fairs and Festivals
- Toronto Outdoor Art Festivals
- My First Art Fair Checklist
- My First Art Fair Checklist – Follow Up
- My Art Fair Packing List
- Art Display Systems for Art Festivals
- Art Shows and Festivals – The Professional Way
- Ask-Moshe-Anything-About-Art: Pricing Art for Art Show