2 May 2010
Art Show Invite – Israeli Artists Group of Toronto 2nd Annual Art Show, celebrating Jerusalem Day
I am very excited about this invite, because this show has been in the working for long time.
This year I have joined the Israeli Artists Group of Toronto, after finding out that the group exists sometime last year, around this time of the year. I went with my family to the Yom Haatzmaut (Israel’s Independence Day) celebrations and the JCC, and got a small flier with the details of the show, the first annual show celebrating Jerusalem Day. I went to the show, and was happy to meet there many Israeli artists who live and work in Toronto and the GTA, and their beautiful art.
Joining the group this year meant a lot to me. I made many new friends, and had the opportunity to practice many of the ideas I learned about online, in order to help the group, and myself, in marketing our art. Here are few of the things I did this year with the group:
- Wrote 7 articles for Shalom Toronto (a local weekly newspaper in Hebrew and English, circulated in 17,000 copies), featuring 14 of the artists from the group, all of which will participate next week at the show.
- Wrote several blog posts about the group activities, including the one about our trip to the Gardiner Museum to see the show “From the Melting Pot into the Fire”
- Participated in two art shows that I heard about through the group messaging system – Artzy, and The Chairman’s Dinner for the Arts in York Region.
- Participated in the group’s new logo competition, and won first place. The chosen logo is my design, and is now the official logo of the group.
- Built and maintain the group’s new blog, featuring articles from the media, artists shows, seminars, and more.
- Interviewed to the local Israeli TV Channel and the Canadian Jewish News to promote the art show.
- Designed the postcard for the art show I am here to tell you about (see below).
So, next week, May 13-16, the group will have its 2nd annual art show, celebrating Jerusalem Day. Jerusalem Day is the day that Jerusalem was united, east and west, on the Six Days War in 1967. It is an important day for all Jews, in Israel and outside, where access to the Western Wall was finally allowed to the Jews. Since then Jerusalem grew and flourished.
There will be 24 artists in the show – painters, potters, jewlers, photographer and textile artists. It will be an exciting show for all of us. Please join me and my friend from the Israeli Artists Group of Toronto.
Celebrating Jerusalem Day, The Israeli Artists Group of Toronto Presents
2nd Annual Art Show
J.E.H./THOREAU MACDONALD HOUSE
121 Centre Street Thornhill, Ontario
Opening Night : Thursday, May 13, 6-9 pm
Gallery Hours: Thurs.-Fri., May 13-14, 12-9pm
Sat.-Sun., May 15-16, 10AM -6pm
I would love to invite each one of you to come and join us.