Moshe Mikanovsky is an emerging artist, who works with several media including watercolors, acrylic, printmaking and stained glass. His vibrant and colorful style is influenced by art, architecture, Judaica and the variety of materials he uses. Moshe created his first Ketubah in 1995 for his wife. Since then he has created many more for family and friends. In 2007 Moshe licensed several Katubah designs to KetubahKetubah.
Moshe's versatility with art also includes web site design, graphic and brand designs, unique pottery pieces, as well as the creation of a Holy Ark for Young Israel of Oak Park, a synagogue in Oak Park, Michigan.
Moshe's work can be found in many private collections in the USA, Canada, Israel and South Africa.
Moshe was born and raised in Israel. Following his job assignments in the High Tech industry in North America, he is currently living happily with his wife and 3 girls in Toronto, Canada.
- 8th annual Little Art Show by the Artists’ Network, Toronto ON, November 14, 2009 – Juried art show.
- York Region Chairman’s Dinner for the Arts, October 7, 2009, Le Part Conference Center, Thornhill, ON – Juried art show.
- Plein Air Landscapes/ Gary and students, September 2009, LucSculpture School & Studio, Toronto, ON
- 4th Annual Stained & Kiln Formed Glass Art Show, July 2007, Glowing Panes Glassworks, Thornhill, ON
- Ketubah designs for private clients, Israel and Canada
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah portraits for private clients, Canada
- Stained glass Judaica for private clients, USA, Canada, Israel, and South Africa
- Design for Holy Ark, Young Israel of Oak Park, Oak Park, MI
- Logo for AMOD, Oak Park, MI
- Israeli Group of Artists, Toronto, ON
Art Education Classes:
- Acrylic Painting with Gary Smith at LucSculpture, Toronto, ON
- Relief Printmaking (etching, silkscreen) at Central Technical School, Toronto, ON
- Relief Printmaking (linocut, woodcuts, monoprints) at the ROM, Toronto, ON
- Stained Glass, Fantasy in Glass Glassworks, Etobicoke, ON
- Figure Drawing, Oakland Community College, Oakland, MI
- Drawing and Watercolor Painting, Avni Institute – College for Art and Design, Jaffa, Israel
- History of Art – The Open University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Attitude to life:
- Don’t worry be happy
- Let’s make art, not war
- Think positively